About The Class
Madhubani, or Mithila, painting is a folk painting of northern India.
Madhubani paintings continue to primarily depict nature and the Hindu mythological figures and the themes are generally associated with Hindu deities, fish, birds, animals, natural objects like the sun, moon, and religious plants like Tulsi (a sacred plant in Hindu mythology) or Banyan tree.
Colors Natural and bold colors like red, yellow, blue, black, etc. are used in Madhubani paintings.
The essential materials to make a Madhubani painting are a cloth on which the painting will be made or a handmade paper, preferably a thick sheet of A3 size. If you are using cloth, then fabric colors are recommended, else poster /acrylic colors can be used.
- Date – 17th & 18th Oct – 2 PM-3.30 PM
- Date – 17th & 18th Oct – 9 PM-10.30 PM ( For Those in US Time Zone )
- Total 3 Hours
- 13 Years +
- Handmade smooth sheet/300gsm thick paper sheet A3 size
- Rough drawing sheet
- Water proof marker black, red, green blue pen
- Acrylic paints:- Red, yellow, green, blue, black,orange
- Brushes round no. 4, no. 000, no. 2
- Cotton rug
- Water mug
- Palette /plate